Precision Plastic Ball Company offers a wide selection of hollow LDPE plastic precision balls for a variety of applications. Our high-quality LDPE balls are available in a range of sizes and colors, including FDA-approved crush-proof ball pit balls in bulk. We are the leader of plastic precision balls and also offer HDPE and Polypropylene balls.
LDPE Features & Properties
Low-Density Polyethylene (LDPE) is a durable, lightweight material sourced from petroleum. Hollow LDPE plastic precision balls are versatile and well-suited to a number of applications and settings. They are typically at least partially translucent. Hollow LDPE balls are very resistant to wear, chemicals, corrosion, water, and other elements. This resistance means that plastic precision balls made from LDPE are especially recommended for outdoor, industrial, and other heavy-duty applications necessitating the use of hollow plastic spheres.
The buoyancy of hollow LDPE balls makes them ideal for use as floats and levels in valves, pumps, and motors. Other applications vary depending on size. For example, smaller sizes of hollow LDPE balls are used in cosmetic products featuring rollerballs, while larger sizes have found popular use as children’s play area ball pit balls.
- Automotive Manufacturing
- Sensors, Valves & Pumps
- Sanitary Ware
- Ball Valves and Bearings
- Electrical Appliances
- Pharmaceutical, Cosmetic and Medical Uses
- Commercial Ball Pit Balls
- High resistance to corrosion, wear, and abrasion
- Waterproof and chemically inert
- Offers a consistent and reliable performance
- High resistance to acids, bases, alcohols, esters, greases, and oils
- Good resistance to oxidation
- Flexible and resilient
- Has a weaker tensile strength than HDPE
- Poor resistance to halogenated hydrocarbons
- Offers a relatively low maximum operating temperature
For more information or to order, contact us today at 847.678.2255.