Alumina Oxide Ceramic Balls - (Al2O3)
Precision Plastic Ball Company offers a selection of aluminum oxide (Al2O3) ceramic balls in a range of sizes for a variety of uses and applications. We are proud to be an industry-leading alumina ceramic ball manufacturer and supplier. Our inventory includes high-quality alumina oxide balls as well as chrome steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and plastic precision balls.
Features / Properties of Alumina Oxide Balls
Alumina oxide (AL2O3) is a top choice of ceramic balls due to its high corrosion resistance and high operating temperature capabilities. Precision alumina oxide balls are used where a material that resists abrasion, corrosion, and oxidation is required. Balls manufactured from alumina oxide typically are selected for high-temperature environments and high-wear applications due to their proven performance in extreme conditions. In fact, alumina oxide balls maintain dimensional stability up to 3180 ºF making them ideal for high-temperature environments. Our inventory of Alumina Oxide balls range in diameter sizes from .031 inches to 1".
Because of their durability, alumina oxide balls have a variety of heavy-duty and industrial uses. For example, the use of alumina oxide balls allows industrial bearings to run at higher speeds and higher temperatures.
- Chemical and down-hole pumps
- Valves and bearings
- Gages and flowmeters
- Medical devices
- Petroleum manufacturing
- Strong corrosion resistance
- Non-porous and durable
- Good electrical insulators
- Resists oxidation
- Tolerant to water and salt solutions
- Resistant to many chemicals and acids
- Spin faster than steel balls
- Nearly frictionless
- Lighter and harder than steel balls
- Can be used up to 3180 ºF
- Require less lubrication than other ball materials
- Allows for high compressive strength
- Can be susceptible to damage by hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acids
- Not suited for high alkaline environments
For more information or to submit an order, give us a call today at 847.678.2255 or browse our product catalog at the bottom of the page.
Products By Selection
1-27 of 27