Precision Plastic Ball Company offers a selection of aluminum precision balls for a variety of applications. We are a leading supplier of aluminum precision balls as well as chrome steel, stainless steel, and plastic precision balls. Our high-quality aluminum balls are available in a range of sizes for a variety of uses.
Features / Properties of Aluminum Balls
Aluminum balls are harder, lighter, and more resistant to corrosion than some of their other metal counterparts. Their ductile properties make them ideal for sealing up holes in manufactured parts. Precision aluminum balls are used in industries and applications where there is a need for durability, hardness, and a light weight. Balls manufactured from aluminum typically hold up well under corrosive environments and are ideal for electrical or welding applications due to their high conductivity. While they are not as strong as some other metals, they have a high strength for their weight.
Precision aluminum spheres have a variety of uses but are most commonly used in the electrical sector or in the stud welding process in place of fasteners. They are also popular for use in automated machinery due to their ease of installation and use.
- Construction / Electrical
- Aviation and Aerospace
- Industrial manufacturing
- Stud welding
- Bearings & valves
- Strong corrosion resistance
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Has a smooth surface finish
- Good hard-wearing properties
- Strong electrical / heat conductivity
- Excellent welding capabilities
- Has a high strength-to-weight ratio
- Easily machined, drilled or tapped
- Highly ductile (can be molded or shaped without breaking)
- Can be susceptible to cracking/pitting in chloride-rich environments
- Low mechanical strength
For more information or to submit an order, give us a call today at 847.678.2255 or browse our product catalog at the bottom of the page.