Silicon Nitride Balls
Silicon Nitride (Si3N4) ceramic balls are typically used in bearings and have a high heat resistance with low friction. Silicon Nitride balls are commonly used in industries such as aerospace, military and defense, hybrid bearings and full ceramics bearings.
Precision Plastic Ball Company is a leading manufacturer of silicon nitride precision balls as well as steel, aluminum, and plastic precision balls. We are proud to supply your silicon nitride bearing balls and other Si3N4 ceramic ball needs. Our inventory ranges in diameter size include 1 1/2", 1/4", and more.
Silicon Nitride Si3N4 Ceramic Ball Bearings Features & Properties
Our ceramic ball bearings are manufactured from Si3N4 Silicone Nitride when a high heat resistance and low friction are needed. The lightweight of this hard ceramic reduces skidding and wear under acceleration and high speeds. Silicon nitride balls are also extremely resistant to chemicals and other corrosive elements, and their moderate rate of thermal conductivity plus low coefficient of thermal expansion reduces cooling costs.
These outstanding properties make them ideal for high-temperature and high-impact environments. For example, silicon nitride ball bearings have been used for decades in military applications such as aircraft and even in NASA’s STS Space Shuttle program.
- Silicon Nitride Ball Bearings are Ideal for High Temperature & High-Impact Environments
- Silicon Nitride Ball Bearings are Electrically Non-Conductive
- Silicon Nitride Ball Bearings Offer High Wear-Resistance and Long Service Life
Balls manufactured from silicon nitride are used when a high heat resistance and low friction are needed. The lightweight of this hard ceramic reduces skidding and wear under acceleration and high speeds
Our bearings are non-conductive and therefore suitable for applications such as electric motor shaft bearings for AC and DC motors and generators. Silicon Nitride Ball Bearings are becoming the industry standard in electric motor manufacturing for electric & autonomous vehicles.
Our bearings cause less friction within the bearing assemblies contributes to extended bearing service life and extended re-lubrication intervals.
- Military & Defense
- Hybrid bearings
- Full ceramic bearings
- Gas turbines
- Automotive engine parts
- Metalworking tools
- Retains strength and hardness up to 1800 °F
- Excellent resistance to corrosion and chemicals
- Weighs 60% less than steel
- Longer life than steel
- Generates less friction
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Low thermal conductivity which reduces need for system cooling
- Good shock resistance
- High elasticity
- High fracture toughness
- Requires minimal lubrication
- Risk of toxic off-gassing when heated to decomposition
- Subject to attack by acids and may generate flammable hydrogen gas under highly acidic conditions
For more information or to submit an order, give us a call today at 847.678.2255 or browse our product catalog at the bottom of the page.
Products By Selection
1-82 of 82