Precision Plastic Ball Company offers a wide selection of glass filled PTFE plastic balls for a variety of applications. Our high quality glass filled PTFE plastic balls are available in a range of sizes from 5/51 in. to 9/16 inches and in natural or gray color. We are the leader of PTFE balls and also offer hollow and solid PTFE balls.
Glass Filled PTFE Features & Properties
Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) balls are well suited for a variety of uses. PTFE balls may also be referred to as Teflon balls due to the popularity of the brand name by Chemours.
Virgin PTFE is not conductive and is excellent for use in high-temperature environments and other extreme conditions due to its thermal stability and chemical resistance. Solid PTFE balls are highly resistant to corrosion, weathering, and other wear.
Glass fiber is the most common PTFE filler and ranges from 5% to 40% fill. When glass fiber is used as a PTFE filler, compression and wear properties are improved further, resulting in an even stronger ball.
Glass filled PTFE is cost-efficient and ideal for many complex industrial applications. For example, the properties of glass filled PTFE balls make them the ideal choice for volume displacement balls used in chemical baths.
Glass Filled PTFE Applications
- Material Handling
- Precision-Part Manufacturing
- Chemical Engineering
- High-Load Industrial
Glass Filled PTFE Strengths
- Improved resistance to wear over standard solid PTFE balls
- Highly resistant to oxidation and acids
- High durometer/hardness rating
- High maximum operating temperature
- Lower deformation under load than standard solid PTFE balls
- Lower thermal expansion than standard solid PTFE balls
- Excellent durability and increased compressive strength lead to a longer life
- PTFE’s coefficient of friction is very low
- No water absorption
- High resistance to UV light
- Susceptible to attack by molten alkali metals and fluorine at high temperatures
- Lower resistance to gas permeation
For more information or to order, contact us today at 847.678.2255 or browse our product catalog at the bottom of the page.