Chrome Steel Precision Balls
Precision Plastic Ball Company offers a selection of chrome steel precision balls for a variety of applications. Our high-quality chrome steel balls are available in a range of sizes. We are the leader of chrome steel precision balls but also offer stainless steel, plastic, and aluminum precision balls.
Chrome Steel Features
Chrome steel balls are a heavy-duty alternative to balls made of weaker materials such as plastics and polymers. As a bearing grade alloy steel, chrome steel offers the ideal durability, performance, and surface characteristics required by many industries.
Balls manufactured from chrome steel typically hold up well under extreme conditions. The martensitic structure of chrome steel balls is very hard with a high tensile strength and high resistance to wear.
This makes chrome balls ideal for use in heavy-duty industrial and chemical situations. Other applications requiring the use of such durable chrome spheres include automotive parts, high-speed ball bearings, and lock mechanisms.
Chrome Steel Applications
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automotive Manufacturing
- Food Grinding Systems
- Vibratory Finishing
- Linear Motion Components
- Check Valves
- Ball Bearings & Roller Bearings
- Tumbling Media
Chrome Steel Strengths
- Provides a relatively high load-bearing capacity for its weight
- High durometer/hardness rating
- No water absorption
- Exceptional resistance to deformation and wear
- Provides a consistent, high-quality fine surface finish
- Offers maximum strength for a variety of heavy-duty industrial uses
- Properties such as hardness and strength lead to a long lifetime of usage
Chrome Steel Weaknesses
- Low to no resistance to corrosion and oxidation
- Magnetic properties limit some usages
For more information or to order, contact us today at 847.678.2255 or browse our product catalog at the bottom of the page.
Products By Selection
|1 in. (1) Natural Chrome Steel Precision Balls
|1/16 in. (0.063) Natural Chrome Steel Precision Balls
|16/93 in. (0.172) Natural Chrome Steel Precision Balls
|3/16 in. (0.188) Natural Chrome Steel Precision Balls
|5/16 in. (0.313) Natural Chrome Steel Precision Balls
Products By Selection