Zirconia Ceramic Balls
Precision Plastic Ball Company is a leading supplier of zirconium dioxide (ZrO2) balls as well as steel, aluminum, and plastic precision balls. We offer a selection of high-quality zirconia balls in a range of sizes including 1/8" and over 1 inch in diameter for a variety of applications.
Zirconium Dioxide Features / Properties
Balls manufactured from zirconium dioxide are highly resistant to corrosion, abrasion, and stress from repetitive impacts. In fact, they will actually increase in toughness at the point of impact. Zirconia oxide balls also have incredibly high hardness, durability, and strength. High temperatures and corrosive chemicals are no issue for zirconia balls, and they will maintain their excellent properties up to 1800 degrees ºF.
This makes zirconia balls a great option for use in many high-impact and high-temperature environments. Their properties make them the most durable ball for grinding and milling applications. In addition, zirconium oxide ceramic balls are commonly used in flow control applications such as check valves, and they are also popular for use in the medical field due to their high strength and purity.
Zirconia Ball Applications
- High-performance bearings, pumps, and valves
- Check valves
- Flow meters
- Measurement instruments
- Grinding and milling
- Medical & Pharmaceutical industries
- Food & Chemical industries
- Toners, inks, and dyes
- Zirconium balls maintain their high strength up to 1800 ºF
- Highly resistant to abrasion and corrosion
- Chemically inert to caustics, molten metals, organic solvents, and most acids
- Undergoes transformation toughening when subject to stress
- High strength and toughness
- High temperature resistance
- High durability
- High load capacity
- Long lifetime of use
- Excellent wear-resistance
- Excellent hardness
- Subject to attack by hydrofluoric and sulfuric acids
- Not ideal for high-alkaline environments
For more information or to submit an order, give us a call today at 847.678.2255 or browse our zirconium dioxide product catalog below.
Products By Selection
1-48 of 48