Hollow Plastic Balls & Spheres
Hollow Precision Plastic Balls provide you with a sphere designed to float on the surface of liquids in an open tank, giving you the option to reduce exposed liquid surface area by as much as 90%.
The three materials that Precision Plastic Balls uses for all of our hollow plastic balls also help with diminishing objectionable fumes and odors for a better work environment.
Laying down a blanket of spheres also serves to insulate heated liquids so you can reduce evaporation rates and even lower the heat requirements of an application.
Our customers have seen great success using these balls in plating tanks and other open-tank setups as a floating blanket that does not impede access or pose an interaction risk with your machinery.
Hollow spheres float on any liquid and our materials ensure that there will be no welt or rim where chemicals or sediment can deposit. The smooth design also helps to ensure a tighter surface coverage so you’ll see fewer gaps and less heat loss.
Precision Plastic Balls has selected three materials to use in our many hollow plastic precision balls because of the safety, performance, and reliability that they offer. Each has a unique set of applications and capabilities that can ensure you run at an optimal efficiency.
Shade balls are hollow plastic precision balls that we manufacture explicitly for use in reservoirs, lakes, and other sources of human drinking water. We use only the highest quality BPA-free materials and manufacture them in large sizes, 4 inches and greater, for easy retrieval.
Use shade balls to:
- Reduce loss of drinking water via evaporation
- Discourage harmful algal blooms
- Reduce airborne contaminants chemical reactions
- Keep animals out
- High mass transfer efficiency
- Low pressure drops for considerable energy savings
- High resistance to nearly all mineral and organic acids and derivatives
- Partly resistant to alkalis
- Commonly used in oil and gas applications, salt-eliminating water tanks, coagulate water tanks, water treatment, and environment protection fields
- Meet current FDA requirements
- Offer exceptional performance properties including high resistance to solvents, acids, and bases
- Variety of medical and packaging uses
- Industry-required toughness and large support variety
- Prominently used in automotive, sensors, valves, pumps, sanitary ware, electronics, ball valves, bearings, electrical appliances, and other applications
Get More Information
Click here to request information about the Hollow Plastic Precision Balls we offer. Our team of experts will respond shortly and help to determine and meet your needs. From standard production to custom manufacturing and complete logistical support, Precision Plastic Balls is the only partner you’ll need.